This smoothie is great for those dessert lovers out there. Remember, when shopping for these ingredients, try to always select products with a minimal number of ingredients. For example, choose almond butter with just the one ingredient; almonds!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1oz cream cheese
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 1 tbsp unsweetend cocoa powder
- Toppings: cacao nibs and almond slices
- Combine ingredients.
- Add ice to desired consistency.
- Add toppings (optional).
- ~470 calories | 25g fat | 31g carbs | 33g protein
- Protein: Feel free to adjust the amount depending on your macronutrient and training goals. And if whey is not an option for you alternative sources like casein, rice, pea, and vegan proteins work just as well.
- Carbs: Up the amount of banana in the smoothie (or add some oats) to increase the carbohydrate content to help fuel a long intense workout or enhance glycogen replenishment post workout.