These brownies are a great little treat for anytime of the day, and by using a minimal number of ingredients they make for smarter choice than any pre-packaged versions. They are also perfect as a little pre workout snack, or can even be modified into a nice post workout feed. Make sure to check out the modification options below, and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 1/2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Heat almond butter in saucepan, add other ingredients and mix/mash to form batter.
- Put in cake tin and bake in oven @ 350 for 20-30 mins.
- Makes 8 small brownies.
- Per Brownie = 11g fat | 12g carbs | 5g protein
- Want less fat? Use a little milk (dairy or non-dairy) instead of heavy cream
- Want more protein? Add a scoop of chocolate protein powder and reduce cacao powder to an 1/8 of a cup
- Want more carbs? Add in some oats to the batter.