Packed full of protein this recipe makes for a great post-workout recovery meal. It can even be used as a pre-ride meal. Sweet potatoes are a fantastic source of carbohydrates that are lower on the glycemic index, so you’re less likely to experience dramatic blood-sugar spikes and lows. You can tailor the amounts of each ingredient to fit your specific caloric and macronutrient needs.
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Grate sweet potato – You can vary the amount depending on your individual carbohydrate requirements, 1 cup will provide about 30g of carbs.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well to form batter.
- Add coconut oil to a pan on medium heat.
- Add batter to pan – Depending on preference add a small amount of batter for several thinner pancakes, or more batter for less thicker pancakes.
- ~680 calories | ~66g carbs | ~24g fat | ~36g protein
- Want less fat? Remove one or both of the egg yolks.
- Want more protein? Add more egg whites or whey.
- Want more carbs? Add oats or raisins to the batter, or add more sweet potato.
- You can experiment with different flours, like almond flour.
- Also if you can’t do whey, you can try other forms of protein.