With a lot of endurance athletes experimenting with strategically restricting carbohydrates, and some even following chronic low carb diets like the ketogenic diet we thought we’d include this crafty take on oatmeal for those of you experimenting with this style of eating and a maybe missing your morning bowl of oatmeal!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp organic almond butter
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup of pecans
- 1 tbsp caco nibs
- Put butter in a pan and heat on medium-high.
- As butter is melting whisk up eggs in a bowl.
- Once butter melts add eggs.
- Stir eggs occasionally until nicely cooked and scrambled.
- Reduce heat to low and add vanilla, almond butter, pecans , and cacao nib and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
- 52g Fat, 29g Protein, 18g Carbs
- Serve with some fresh berries for a more nutrient dense meal.
- Need some more carbs? Add a sliced banana and/or some maple syrup.