One of the most common complaints we hear from both professional and recreational endurance athletes is that they don’t have the time to cook, or they think that cooking is too difficult. If you fall into that camp then the “Cookin’ Ain’t Hard” series is for you. Quick, simple, easy recipes designed with minimal prep time as well as a minimal ingredients for your convenience. We also provide some extra time saving tips along the way.
Sardines Salad (serves 1)
- 1 tin of wild caught sardines in olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 tbsp organic mayonnaise
- Splash of lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups of spinach
- Put spinach in a serving bowl and set aside
- Grab a large mixing bowl and combine all other ingredients
- Grab a fork and mash ingredients together
- Put on top of your spinach and enjoy
- Add some chopped boiled egg and/or sliced cucumber for some more protein and flavor.
- This is a very low carb meal, so if you need some carbs you can try slapping the sardine “filling” between 2 slices of toasted whole grain bread for an alternative take on a tuna sandwich.